Friday, May 2, 2008

Passed 70-441

Yesterday I passed Microsoft's 70-441 exam, Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Since I've already passed 70-431 and I'm also a MCDBA, I just need to take (and pass) 70-442 and 70-447 to become MCITP as both a Database Developer and a Database Administrator. Maybe I can run across another free exam voucher!

I don't want to break any confidentiality rules, so I won't talk about the exam in detail. But I will say that this exam was the easist Microsoft exam I've taken to date. I've been working with SQL on a daily basis for nine years now, and 2005 since it first was a CTP. That experience, plus now being the de facto DBA on my team at work, was major in preparing for the exam. The MS Press Training Kit was good for studying areas I don't know as much about, like the Service Broker and Notification Services, and it has a good exam simulation. And of course I must thank Microsoft for having the series of 4 webcasts on 70-441 (they're available on demand, I'll post the link later), and Tim Kashani for the great job of presenting the material. Not to mention receiving the free voucher.

No comments: